Alternative title: “Please Allow Me to Further Exploit Your Generosity for Free Market Research.”
So, you’ve already told us what your favorite posts are. (Thank you! And we’ll be reposting them soon.) Now, if you would be so kind, please tell us what we can do make Shapely Prose more interesting/fun/awesome for you. (Other than, you know, posting more often and more substantively. We’re working on it.)
For the record, here are some things we won’t do, no matter how nicely you ask:
- Stop swearing so goddamned much
- Allow diet talk
- Quit being bitchy to commenters we don’t like
- Tone down the feminism
Beyond that, though, we’re pretty open to suggestions. Some thoughts we’ve had already include:
- Trying to make it easier for Shapelings to find each other and meet up in person. (Anyone have ideas for the best way to go about this?)
- Vlogging (which would only be me, for obvious reasons, unless FJ and SM did it with bags over their heads) and/or Podcasts (which might only be me, if FJ and SM are worried about their voices being recognized).
- Soliciting more guest posts, especially from folks who are underrepresented around here. (If you’re one of those folks and would like to guest blog, please shoot me an e-mail.)
- This would be a looooong-term project and might ultimately be deemed too much of a PITA, but it’s a thought: Trying to put together a community blog like Feministing‘s.
- Writing more about topics beyond fat/body image/HAES, etc.
- Skype group chats
What do y’all think of those ideas, and what other ideas you have for making this place a better hangout? I can’t guarantee that we’ll implement all — or, frankly, any — of the new ideas, but we’d definitely love to hear your thoughts.