I’m sort of having a Stupor Tuesday today, but with two thirds of today’s blog posts centering around the idea that some people on the internet are total fucksticks, I thought I’d throw in a little link roundup to offer some cheerier fare.
- Lindsay at BABble, who is our big hero of the moment, wrote a superb post on misconceptions about fat acceptance.
- I hope you’re reading fatshionista.com, recently added to the Fatosphere feed (yay Fu!). Kate and I both make very, very occasional posts, along with other more regular group bloggers, and main Fatshionista maven Lesley puts up incredibly insightful content and cute photos on a frequent basis. It’s not just about what’s in fashion; it’s about what fashion is, and what clothes mean for fat people. Plus, there are store reviews! Great blog, great resource.
- Speaking of Fatshionista, I don’t read the livejournal community much anymore, but thankfully I happened to tune in yesterday when Original Fatshionista Amarama turned everyone on to Bon Bon Plus. (Here’s the accompanying etsy shop.) Holy cats, these are some good-ass clothes! I’ve already emailed Jane about tweaking one of her designs, and she’s been absurdly friendly and helpful. It’s spendy stuff, but I’m on a quality kick right now, where I’m tired of my thrift-store/Target/otherwise shit clothes falling apart on me, and I want to spend ten times the money for a gazillion times the value.
- Shannon at Generic Fat Blog alerts us that Rob at cockeyed.com has reopened submissions for his Photographic Height/Weight Chart! When Kate started the BMI Project he was on hiatus with the spots only haphazardly filled, but it’s looking a lot more complete now. (I’m sure he still wants your photo, though!) The site seems to be a bit overloaded at the moment — I can only get it to load half the time — and I’m sure this link won’t help. If you can call it up, though, it’s a great resource, and I recognize several Shapelings! Hope to see more of you on there.
- Harriet at Feed Me! broke the news that the Mississippi No Fatties Eating in Public Bill has bitten the dust, surprise surprise. The article she cites is notable for a couple of reasons: first, it quotes Paul, from a press release put together by Rachel! And second, get a gander at this response by the bill’s sponsor — who says he wouldn’t even vote for the bill — to the overwhelming social justice outcry: “‘You take food away from fat people … my gosh,’ Mayhall said.” Yeah, that’s right, Rep. Mayhall, you inordinate douche. This is definitely all about you prying our donuts out of our pudgy fingers. Human rights are just a red herring.
- Finally, if you are a biochemist, email me. It’s about a t-shirt design.