Here are a few of my favorites that Lauredhel didn’t mention:
- arse antlers
- plural noun Colloquial a tattoo just above the buttocks, having a central section and curving extensions on each side.
- man flu
- noun Colloquial (humorous) a minor cold contracted by a man who proceeds to exaggerate the symptoms enormously.
- noun Colloquial (humorous) a floor littered with discarded clothes, viewed ironically as a clothing storage system. [floor + (war)drobe]
And then, although I know this is supposed to be fluff, we have the outrage list.
- salad dodger
- noun Colloquial (derogatory) an overweight person
- noun the phenomenon of obesity in Western countries, seen as a worldwide health problem. [glob(al) + obesity]
- slummy mummy
- noun Colloquial a mother of young children who has abandoned all care for her personal appearance. See yummy mummy. [slum + -m- + –y + mummy]
Aaaaand, my very favorite:
- tart fuel
- noun Colloquial wine coolers and alcopops, viewed by men as deceptively alcoholic drinks that will lower a woman’s resistance to sexual advances.
Are you fucking kidding me? You know, if they’d just told me that “tart fuel” = wine coolers and alcopops, I would have found it fairly funny. (Though perhaps I’m underestimating the power of the word “tart” in countries where it’s frequently used. I think of it as much, much milder than “slut” — and it also has a connotation of “ditzy” in my mind. Still not exactly flattering, but not something that sets off alarm bells for me.) Sort of like calling a particular brand of beer “football fan fuel” or something. But no, the definition makes it clear that this is actually about fueling the tartiness itself, and therefore making it easier to have sex with a woman who wouldn’t otherwise consent. And they’re talking about putting this in a dictionary. As always, rape is HILARIOUS.
Anyway. Have at it, Shapelings. Which are your favorites? What have they left out? What should they be ashamed of themselves for, other than fucking TART FUEL?