Because fatties love to eat, AM I RIGHT?
- Megan McArdle, usually the cause of much eyebrow raising and weary sighing in the feminist blogosphere, actually does a good interview with Kate’s fantasy boyfriend, Paul Campos. There are also several followup posts in which McArdle sometimes fights the good fight and sometimes says weird shit (she seems to think that fat people are hungry All The Time) — but she does take on her fat-hating commenters, for which I give her some props.
- Jon Stewart on a lot of things, but most pertinently, the difference between beliefs and facts.
- The Angry Black Woman posts Rules for Beneficial Discourse at Alas — a must read. These rules come out of what seems to be a never-ending RaceFail in the SF/F online community, which I admit I have not been following too closely (but I bet some of you have).
- Kate has a great post on the marketing of a drug for “inadequate or not enough lashes” on that other blog she’s doing. ;-)
- And people wonder why gaming culture doesn’t feel woman-friendly…
- Also via our blogcrush Sociological Images, mannequins at Barneys New York were set up wearing fashionable clothing — and being violently murdered.
Feel free to drop links in the comments.