Come on, Shapelings, LET’S GET THIS BOOK TO NUMBER ONE OVERALL!
Kidding, kidding. Seriously, though, if you still want to do something to help (without necessarily spending money this time), we’d love it if you’d periodically check up on the reviews, tags, and comments there and on Powell’s — if you have the Sanity Watchers points, that is. Powell’s is especially trolly right now, and I’ve already corresponded with a director there, who said (totally reasonably) that deleting even the worst ones would probably draw more negative attention and cause more trouble than it’s worth. (Not everyone has a brilliant comments policy like ours.)
So the best things you can do for us right now are:
1) Post positive reviews! (Preferably after you’ve read the book, so as not to make our primary objection to a lot of the trolly comments hypocritical.)
2) Mark troll comments “not helpful,” so they get moved down the page.
3) On Amazon, click on the appropriate tags (including “Kneel before Zod,” duh), so tags like “whiny” “crybaby” and “denial” get moved down. (*eyeroll*)
4) Link the phrase “Lessons from the Fat-o-Sphere” — either to your favorite bookstore’s site or our book site — from your blog, to help shore up our Google ranking and keep shitheads who mention the book farther down the list.
5) Let us know in comments about any other ideas for keeping our book pages as clean as possible, without pestering the booksellers to get rid of the nasties.
Have I already said thank you? ‘Cause OMG, THANK YOU.